St. Paul’s families traditionally bring gifts to the Family Carol Service and Holy Eucharist at 3:00 p.m. on Christmas Eve. During Communion, children are invited to come forward with their families and place their gifts in the baskets.
The gifts will be given to the residents of the Murdoch Developmental Center in Butner, a residential facility for approximately 500 children and adults, ranging from six to 90 years old, who have developmental disabilities.
The center requests that the gifts be left unwrapped.
A variety of gifts, all of which should be new, are appropriate, especially:
- White crew socks
- Slipper socks with non-skid soles
- Girls’ and women’s nightgowns, pajamas and robes
- Boys’ and men’s pajamas and robes
- Baseball hats
- Men’s and ladies’ cologne sets
- Toys and games for all ages, such as picture books, Barbie dolls, cars and trucks, playing cards of any kind, puzzles, basketballs, footballs and soccer balls
- Basic arts and crafts items such as coloring books, colored pencils and crayons, washable markers, drawing tablets, glitter-glue, art stamps and acrylic paint for painting tee-shirts
If you are unable to attend the Family Carol Service but would like to donate a gift, bring your donation to the church office.