Registration is now open for Vacation Bible School, to be offered from 9:00 a.m. until noon, Monday July 31 through Friday, August 4, in Colhoun A. This year’s theme is Rome: Paul and the Underground Church. Guided by St. Paul, children will explore a crowded Roman marketplace, tiptoe past watchful Roman guards, encourage first-century Christians who meet in a dark cave, race chariots and make daily discoveries about God’s love.
Volunteers are needed! Download a volunteer form to see the opportunities available to adults and youth in sixth grade and higher.
Parishioners are asked to supply the following:
- 10 Laundry baskets (to borrow)
- Plastic wading pool (to borrow)
- 10 Bamboo styluses
- 10 Gift boxes
- 50 Paper grocery sacks
- Newspaper or newsprint (need lots!)
- 10 Bed sheets (flat-any size)
- 10 Tacky quick dry glue
- 10 Elmer’s Glue
- Paper towels (5 rolls)
- Baby Wipes (5 containers)
- 4 rolls Aluminum Foil (Heavy Duty)
- Paint, including any type of water colors (washable)
- 200 Wooden clothespins
- 5 packages Post-Its, an color
- 12 Rulers
- 10 two-foot lengths of 8-inch wide cardboard tubes
- 1 Roll of duct tape
- 2 Cardboard refrigerator boxes
- 1 Roll black plastic sheeting
- 110 Paper plates (dinner sized)
- Religious foam stickers
- 7 Jump ropes
- 8 Hula Hoops
- 7 Tennis balls
- 6 Large bowls
- 40 Bags of flour
- Ring of skeleton keys
Registration is limited to 100 children.
The cost is $15 for one child and $10 for each additional sibling, payable at the time of registration. Scholarships are available.
The first 40 families to register and the first 10 adult volunteers receive a free CD. Additional CDs are available for $10 each.
Download a registration form
Please mail your check and your completed registration form to:
The Rev. Lauren A. Villemuer-Drenth
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
520 Summit Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Scholarships are available. For details, contact Deacon Lauren at (336) 723-4391, ext. 1220, or email@example.com.
For information or to volunteer, contact the Rev. Lauren A. Villemuer-Drenth, Director of Children’s Ministries, at firstname.lastname@example.org.